What you need to know
If you’re a temporary, new or returning Canadian resident, this plan’s for you. Canada Life’s (formerly Great-West Life’s) Welcome Plan offers temporary coverage of expenses that would normally be paid under a provincial health plan.
To be eligible for Welcome Plan coverage, you and your eligible dependants must be:
- Employed by Splunk or be a dependant of a Splunk employee
- Covered under a Canada Life (formerly Great-West) supplementary health plan (or covered under a spouse’s group healthcare plan)
- Ineligible for coverage under the provincial healthcare plan in your province or territory of residence, either indefinitely or until the waiting period is satisfied
- Residing in Canada (whether as a temporary, new or returning permanent resident)
If your dependant is the only insured participant under the Welcome Plan, both of you must be covered under Splunk’s Canada Life (formerly Great-West) supplemental health plan.
The Welcome Plan pays 100% of covered expenses for:
- Ambulance services
- Physician services
- Hospital inpatient and outpatient services
- Dental services
- Out-of-province and out-of-country emergency care
- Home nursing care
- Laboratory services
- X-ray procedures
- Eye examinations
No deductible is applied. The maximum amount payable per individual is CAD 1,000,000 per lifetime.
Some supplies and services covered under the Welcome Plan are subject to specific maximums over specific periods of time. Please review the appropriate section of the Welcome Plan Booklet to determine if a maximum applies to your situation.
The Welcome Plan covers healthcare services and supplies required for treatment of disease or injury, when treatment is:
- Accepted by the Canadian medical profession
- Proven to be effective
- Of a form, intensity, frequency and duration essential to diagnosis or management of the disease or injury
Canada Life (formerly Great-West) is fully responsible for assessing a person’s entitlement to benefits.
To submit a medical claim, visit the Canada Life site to access the claim form. Submit your form and original receipts (within 15 months after services or supplies are provided) to:
The Canada Life Assurance Company
Individual Health Unit
P.O. Box 6000
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3A5