What you need to know
There’s a nearly 100% chance you’ll need to seek medical care at some point in your life. A chronic health condition. An ingrown toenail. All reasons to see a doctor, and all reasons to have medical insurance coverage you can count on.
Canada Life medical plan
Here are some of the highlights of the medical plan provided by Canada Life:
- No deductible or annual or lifetime coverage maximum
- Hospital room and board: semi-private room covered at 100%
- Prescription drugs: covered at 100%, up to least cost alternative
- Home nursing care: covered at 100%, up to CAD 10,000 for a maximum of 12 months per condition
- Physiotherapists: covered at 100%, up to CAD 500 per policy year
- Psychologists or social workers: covered at 100%, up to CAD 1,000 per policy year
- Paramedical practitioners: covered at 100%, up to CAD 500 per year per practitioner (chiropractor, speech therapist, osteopath, massage therapist, etc.)
- Other expenses such as ambulance services, medical equipment or supplies, laboratory analysis, orthopaedic shoes and orthotics covered at 100%
Access GroupNet for Plan Members to obtain a personalized claim form. You can also see your claim history and get notified when your claim has been processed.
You’ll be provided with a prescription drug identification card, which you should present to the pharmacist with your prescription.