What you need to know
Every once in a while, you experience big life changes. Like you get married or add a child to your family. And when that happens, your benefits need to change as well. That’s why we give you the option of changing your benefit elections when you experience a qualified life event.
What is a qualified life event?
Some examples of qualified life events include:
- You have a baby, adopt, or there’s a change in legal custody of a child.
- You get married, divorced, or there’s a change in your domestic partner relationship.
- Your spouse or dependant dies.
- Your spouse has a loss of benefit coverage elsewhere.
- Your child dependant turns age 25.
- You no longer have any children eligible for dependent coverage.
Some changes will require documentation to support the life event you experienced. Changes to your healthcare and voluntary benefits take effect on the date of your life event.
How to make changes
To make changes to your benefits, please login to the Splunk Benefits Hub.
We know you don’t even want to think about it, but there may come a time when you leave Splunk. Keep in mind that your benefits will terminate upon separation from Splunk.