What you need to know
That time when…your babysitter backed out, school closed or your elderly parent had an emergency. We can all use a little backup support at times. Enter Bright Horizons. For help with child, elder and pet care, household support and more!
Support when and where you need it
You know what they say about the best laid plans. Whether you’re experiencing a breakdown in your normal childcare, looking for an after-school sitter, have adult or eldercare needs, or need help caring for a pet, we’ve got you covered.
Bright Horizons offers several programs to assist you across a wide range of backup care and family support needs, including tutoring!
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care gives you access to high-quality childcare in a center and child or adult or eldercare at home whenever you need an extra hand.
- For center-based care, you pay $15 per day for one child (or $25 per day for two or more children)
- For in-home care, you pay $6 per hour, for both child and eldercare.
- There is a maximum of 15 visits per dependent per calendar year.
To use the backup care service, you must register on the Bright Horizons website or mobile app. When registering, enter employer username “Splunk” and password “Benefits4You.”
Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports
Through Sittercity, you have access to a comprehensive online database, as well as online forums, tools and resources that can help you find childcare, care for children with special needs, pet care and household help. Access Sittercity to find:
- Babysitters for regular and weekend care (including children with special needs)
- Caregivers who can manage small-group learning pods
- Resources for all your pet care needs—sitters or overnight care, dog walkers, groomers, training resources and more
- Housekeepers to keep your home looking clean as a whistle
But wait, there’s more. Sittercity also includes access to:
- A database of sitters and virtual sitting ($150 membership fee waived)
- Exclusive discounts for tutoring, test prep and enrichment classes from high-quality education partners
- Discounts for College Nannies, a high-quality nanny placement service for trained, screened nannies
Families with children ages 5–18 years can use the Bright Horizons Back-Up Care program for:
- Homework help or scheduled 1:1 tutoring in reading, math, science and social studies
- Targeted support with a math or reading expert who can identify areas of opportunity and help your child excel
- Tutoring including specialized resources for students who have a wide range of special needs
Submit a tutoring request through the back-up care site, and schedule the days and times that work best for your family. Standard copays and rates apply.