What you need to know
You can’t control the weather, traffic or other things that can delay your daily commute. But with Splunk’s commuter benefits, you can control how you pay to get to and from work. Your paycheck goes a lot further when you pay for qualified commuting expenses with pretax dollars. Now you can stop off for that latte you’ve been craving.
How it works
You set aside pretax dollars via paycheck deductions to cover the cost of commuting to work via public transportation and parking expenses. Up to $280 a month for each ($560 total)!
To participate in this voluntary program on a month-to-month basis, set up a commuter account through Workday. Determine how much you’ll contribute biweekly (up to the monthly maximum), and WEX will send you a benefits debit card to use for your commuting expenses. See how it works in your city.
A few rules:
- You can’t transfer funds between your transit and parking accounts.
- You can’t use these funds for anything other than eligible commuting expenses.
- If you leave Splunk midyear, you’ll no longer be eligible for your commuter account. You’ll have 180 days from the date your account terminates to submit claims incurred through your last day of eligibility for your account.
Transportation or public transit account
Use it to pay for your mass transit, including:
- Monthly passes
- Fare cards and vouchers for transit and vanpool expenses
- UberPool and Lyft Line rides in select cities
- SmartCommute in select cities
Use it to pay for parking at or near:
- Your office
- Public transportation you take to get to work (like a bus or subway station)
Attention WMATA transit users
WMATA terminals won’t accept your WEX commuter debit card. You’ll need to reach out to WEX to arrange access to pretax transit funds for WMATA.
Using your commuter benefits
You can use your WEX benefits debit card to pay at the time of service from your transit and/or parking account. FYI, you’ll use the same debit card for all your pretax accounts (including your FSAs and/or HSA too).
If a transit or parking facility doesn’t accept debit card payments—or if your elections haven’t been loaded to your debit card yet—you can pay out of pocket and submit a reimbursement request through the WEX participant portal or the WEX mobile app (download through the App Store or Google Play). For faster reimbursement, sign up for direct deposit.