What you need to know
Splunk’s success is your success—especially when you own a piece of the pie. Through the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), you can reap the rewards of your hard work by purchasing Splunk common stock at a discount (as described below). It all happens through convenient, after-tax paycheck deductions. Score!
How it works
- You’ll receive an invitation to participate in the ESPP when an enrollment period begins.
- To participate in the 24-month offering period (which is described below), enroll in the ESPP during the open enrollment periods in your E*TRADE account.
- During this 24-month offering period, you can elect to have 1-15% of your eligible Splunk gross pay withheld after-tax by Splunk.
- The withheld after-tax pay will accumulate and be used to purchase Splunk stock at the end of each 6-month purchase period within the 24-month offering period. You can withdraw from the ESPP and get your money back before a purchase date if you provide sufficient notice in advance of the purchase date as described in your ESPP documentation.
- To determine the ESPP stock purchase price, Splunk compares the price on the first day of the 24-month offering period to the price on the last day of the relevant purchase period. Your purchase price will be the lower of the two prices, followed by a 15% discount.
- A 24-month offering period generally begins each December and each June.
- You may not purchase more than $25,000 worth of Splunk stock under the ESPP during a calendar year; this $25,000 limitation is measured based on the price of a Splunk share at the beginning of the relevant 24-month offering period.
- Once the stock is purchased, it’s put into your E*TRADE account. It’s yours to hold on to or sell at any time, subject to Splunk’s insider trading policy.
The foregoing is a general summary of the ESPP; participation in the ESPP is subject to the terms and conditions of the ESPP. For details and answers to your questions, visit Pwny portal.
Want to make a change?
It's easy to decrease your contribution rate to zero by suspending your contributions or to withdraw from the offering period. Just log on to your account and go to My Account > Plan Elections.
Who can participate
Most full-time and some part-time employees are eligible to participate in the ESPP. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive an invitation to participate in the enrollment period.