What you need to know
Every once in a while, you experience big life changes. Like you get married or add a child to your family. And when that happens, your benefits need to change as well. That’s why we give you the option of changing your benefit elections when you experience a qualified life event.
What is a qualified life event?
Some examples of qualified life events include:
- You have a baby or adopt, or there’s a change in legal custody of a child.
- You get married or divorced, or there’s a change in your domestic partner relationship.
- Your spouse or partner or dependant dies.
- You, your spouse or your dependant has a change in employment status resulting in a loss or gain of eligibility for cover. For example, one of you:
- Begins or ends employment
- Takes or returns from an unpaid leave
- Switches from full-time or part-time employment (or vice versa)
- Your child dependant turns age 24.
- You, your spouse or your dependant moves outside of the covered service area.
Changes to your healthcare and voluntary benefits take effect on the date of your life event.
How to make changes
To make changes to your benefits, create an HR case using the Splunk Service Portal.
We know you don’t even want to think about it, but there may come a time when you leave Splunk. Keep in mind that your benefits will terminate upon separation from Splunk.